Did you know that an estimated 5.2 million deaths worldwide were attributable to inadequate fruit and vegetable consumption in 2013 alone?
Source: World Health Organisation
Follow Max MacGillivray and his team as they motorbike from London to Cape Town later this year! En route they will be visiting amazing farms and fresh produce growers to educate kids and their families on great fresh food!
With ongoing childhood obesity and health issues globally, combined with more food businesses looking to sell high margin sugary drinks and snack products to an ever younger audience, we want to make a difference.
Did you know…
- The cost of obesity to the NHS in the UK is £5 billion per year
- Fruit & Veg consumption are critical to tackling type two diabetes
- Obesity is the number 3 global social burden after smoking and war/terrorism
- The UK consumes 240g of fruit and veg a day but the recommendation is 400g
- Children consume up to 85% more fruit and veg when they have fun names or shapes
Great Fruit Adventure
We want to get kids excited and knowledgeable about fresh food, adventure and Africa! Join us and help spread the word to make this change for our next generation.
Can you help...
Max & his team are looking for contacts for inspiring growers in Africa they can visit. They are also looking for assistance for all of their various motorbike, travel and filming requirements as well as key retailers/food suppliers plus media groups to help raise the publicity and the healthy eating aims of the trip. Please get in contact if you can help.